Issues persist 2 months later

It looks fine…intriguing.
I realize we did not check the G-code file yet (just to cross that off the list, it would be a shame to discover that the distorted circles are there in the file). Have you checked it with a G-code viewer ?
Does the wasteboard file use similar feeds and speeds to what you used for that square test ?

To my eye, the diagonal lines have ripples in them.

You mention you checked V-Wheels? Did you do this while they were off the machine? I have seen people swear their V-Wheels look great, but then take them off and realize they are cracked in the middle.

1 Like

Inspected all wheels and belts before fully assembling. Habit my father taught me years ago. Then un assembled and rechecked after the initial issues I was having at the beginning of October. Still they were fine

It doesn’t look fine to me, it looks wavy or rippled as someone else has said

Could you measure the periodicity of the wave/ripple? I.E, the distance between two high points? You may have a wheel that was not machined correctly, this happened to someone else previously.

My temptation would be to replace the v wheels on suspicion - just in case one of them is eccentric. They aren’t that expensive.

@Lambo28806 is in touch with support and we’ll do our best to work through this there.

2 Likes

I know a lot of things could cause this, but for me it was the machine not being square. I saw you mentioned that you checked this, but measuring corner to corner and ensuring the X-axis hits the front of the Y evenly can expose an out of square issue. Mine was off by a bit and I used the Winston Moy strap clamp technique to true it up and now I am dead on.

1 Like

Really curious to know how this turned out.
John

2 Likes

Between police work at the holidays and a new baby boy in the house I’m trying to find the time to get everything swapped out from the maintenance kit carbide sent me out. They’ve been awesome. Even Overnighted the package to me. I will report back as soon as I can. Thanks everyone for the comments and input

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.