Issues using the 60/90 V-Bits in Fusion 360

Hi all!
I’ve been using my Pro XXL for about 3 weeks and I’ve just recently received 60 and 90 degree v-bits. However, when I try to use them in Fusion 360, no matter what I try I get the following error:

I’m new to using v-bits so I’m not sure where to start trouble shooting, but the videos I’ve watched haven’t helped all that much. I’ve followed them and still result in an error.

If anyone has come across this issue, hopefully they might be able to help.
Thank you!

1 Like

What kind of toolpath and what type of bit did you set the vbits as?

I used the Engrave toolpath and I tried the #301 and #302 v bits straight from Carbide3d, I get the same error for both.
I’ve also tried multiple methods of selection, face, edge, sketch-line, and text. None seem to work.

I’ve run into this with Fusion. My work around was to re categorize the tool so that it would generate tool paths.

Did you have the Carbide3d v-bits, if so what did you recategorize them to?

Nope, No C3D v bits. But what I ran across is that it seems that Fusion looks at the tool category to decide if it can generate a toolpath with a tool from that category. What I did, and commonly do, is just create, or modify a tool in the category that will work for what I need. In your case, I assume you’ve tried something from the “engrave/chamfer mill” category. I would open up something from the “tapered endmill” cateogry, and adjust the settings to what matched the other tool I tried to use. After all, a screwdriver can be more than just a screwdriver. Here’s a video I found that may help you out. https://youtu.be/IguCUtUowm8

Are the tools set up as “engrave / chamfer” mills? If so, can you share the f3d?

It turns out they are not, and I can’t even update them to be engrave/chamfer mills from the Edit menu, I’ll have to recreate them entirely.

Thank you for the heads up!

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.