Issues with heights in Build 623

Is anyone having an issue with build 623 not recognizing heights? I was cutting a piece with a stock height of .125" . I did a contour path with a 1/16 end mill, I needed to go all the way through the stock, so I set my final depth of cut to .126". When I did my cut the program only cut to a depth of .061". In order to get it to do what I needed, I had to set the depth of cut to .2.

I ran another piece that I had ran under V5 previously, converted it V6 Build 623, reconfirmed my tool paths, and saved with the same settings used in the previous runs. When I ran this one, my depths were way deeper than I wanted, Thankfully, I was using a .75" stock using a V-bit.

Any ideas on why my depth of cut would be so off with this new build? Any help or explanation would be awesome.

Please post the files in question along w/ the specifics of causing the difficulty, either here, or to support@carbide3d.com if they continue to occur in either the current version, 648:

https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/download

or the beta, 650:

https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/beta

All Box Sides (Inches).c2d (239.5 KB)

Here is the file I was cutting, Stock is measuring out at “.123” per my calipers. I have the depth of cut set at “.126”, which should have cut all the way through. When I ran the cut only measure '.061".

Which Z-axis does your machine have?

Which Z-axis configuration have you sent to the machine?

Which control board does your machine have?

How are you setting zero relative to the stock?

How are you managing tool changes?

I am running the Shapeoko Pro XXL

Which Z-axis does your machine have? The HDZ Z-Axis

Which Z-axis configuration have you sent to the machine? Not sure, I do not know where to look for this information, have not made any changes since setting up the machine and running it. Nothing seemed to change except when I upgraded to the new version. I did upgrade the version of Carbide Motion to the latest. I am using Carbide Motion Build 551 release 3/15/22

Which control board does your machine have? I bought the machine in April 2021 will have to look at the board to verify

How are you setting zero relative to the stock? Zero is set to the top of the work, I have set the zeros manually and have used the BitZero V2

How are you managing tool changes? Bit setter at every bit change.

When you position the BitZero how are you probing for Z?

Please see:

Yes, I am probing for corners and Z.

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to sort this out w/ you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.