It’s here! Newbie alert

After lots of research. Lots of badgering and questions. I settled on the Shapeoko 3 XXL.

I waited with anticipation for the black Friday deal to be announced. And hit the big buy button minutes after it was released.

Little did I know that their shipping is so fast. It showed up only two days later. And I’m no where near ready.

I had gotten the shop all cleaned up and rewired on different breakers. Thinking I would have at least a good 2 weeks before shipping.

But the bench is just at the beginning of being made and probably won’t be completed untill late this weekend… My bench will be 3.5ft tall, 4ft wide, and 6ft long. The legs will be 4x4 posts and the framing will all be 2x6 that will be doubled up each other. I will be creating a torsion box style for the support of middle of the table using 2x6s as well. The top layer will be 3/4” plywood with a 4x4 square of 3/4”mdf that the machine will sit on.

If you have any tips or tricks for the bench or for things to watch out. Please feel free to forward them.

My anticipation is even higher now! But i am now an owner! Let the fun times begin

6 Likes

Enjoy!
I’ll leave this here in case it helps you get acquainted with the machine
https://shapeokoenthusiasts.gitbook.io/shapeoko-cnc-a-to-z/

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.