Jewelry Armoire FINISHED

I finished a jewelry Armoire for my daughter. The carcus is cherry and the drawer fronts are tiger maple. The drawers are poplar. This was behind schedule and then my daughter called and wanted to do our Christmas on the 20th. I put a safe in the bottom. But it is finished.

15 Likes

Wow! Looks great! Is it as big as it looks?

Wow, that some nice cabinet work and the maple is luthier-quality figure. Would like to have a few slabs of that to re-saw and book-match for tops.

You have a lucky daughter. I’m sure she will treasure this.

Now you are going to have to help her fill that massive thing up!
Great work. Thanks for sharing.

Wow that is a lot of jewelry! Nice work. Have you made provisions to bolt the cabinet to the ground so the safe is not taken away?

I have always bought my daughter sterling jewelry. I told her if times get tough that is money. I buy sterling and told her husband it is his job to buy gold.

I did bolt the safe in the bottom of the cabinet. The cabinet weights over a hundred pounds because the carcus is 7/8" thick cherry and there are 12 drawers with full extension self closing drawer slides. It is heavy but a determined thief can take the whole thing and that is what home owners insurance is for.

Thanks for the nice comments. Not to through my arm out of its socket patting my self on the back but I was really pleased with the result. I gave it to my daughter this evening and she really liked it. Not seen in the pictures I had bought tray liners for the 7 small drawers of various configurations to put jewelry in. There was a wind up music box that plays “You are my Sunshine”. When my daughter was little her mother sang that song to her and my daughter sang it to my grandson.

6 Likes

You’re an alright “Guy”, Guy. :smiley:

1 Like