Jogging speed increase

Please note that the speed the machine is ultimately moving at needs to be slow enough that it can stop w/in the distance of the homing switch’s travel.

I just try to make it a habit to move the machine to the back right corner before powering down and to be patient.

2 Likes

Yep,

I send it to North East after taking the collet out before turning it off too.

1 Like

I had a comment form Carbide that with the new shapeoko’s ( I have a new XL) that the home speed is burned into the board. ( assume this meaning is that it burned into a “PROM”) an is not changeable. If this is not correct, how does one access the GRBL controller? though the computer screen - Let me know the steps and Ill give it a try. Tom

I do not know if that is true or not. It is also possible that the carbide motion program may restrict this speed too. If you are using carbide create, it gets a little weird changing GRBL settings because there isn’t a display to give feedback on what you are changing.

You would type in “$25=2000” to change homing speed to 2000mm/min, for example.
If you are using carbide motion, you would need to type “/$25=2000”. The “/” allows you to bypass the carbide motion software.

Like I said though, I would be very careful if you are using carbide motion since you can’t see the settings with the “$$” command. You could get yourself in trouble very easily if you don’t know what you’re doing.

You can still dump the settings to the log console with $$ I’m sure, could last week anyway.

EEPROM, and it is rewritable.

Carbide motion will show the settings through MDI? I don’t know, I only used it when I first started.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.