Jtech laser on pro thoughts

What’s everyone’s thoughts on adding jtech laser to CNC routers ?

I did add a Jtech laser to my Shapeoko and love it. As long as you acknowledge that it’s mostly for engraving surfaces, not cutting (through anything else than thin plywood). If you want to do mostly deep laser cuts, you are better off with a standalone (and powerful) laser cutter

1 Like

Yeah don’t know if I can sacrifice the space for stand alone unit.

I had one on my SO3 as well. I am transferring it to my S04. I echo @Julien in that you should have the proper expectations. It’s a great engraver. It can’t cut much at all. :smiley:

1 Like

I think the JTech package is nice and turn key. It’s nice to save on real estate and have a large work area.

My set up is in my basement and I have a shop vac/Dust Deputy hooked up to the SO3 and I have a large dust collector that vents to the outdoors independent from the CNC. Having said that, I’m still considering finding room for a stand alone unit like the Ortur Master 2 because it’s cheaper, I’d be able to run it outside (laser engraving stinks and running my large DC is loud and sucks the air out of my house), and I can still use the SO3 while laser’ing.

I know you said Pro, but in this case SO version doesn’t make much of a difference.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.