Just curious about shipping

If Carbide 3D is based in California and they make the machines why is my XXL shipping from Illinois?

I’m only about 90 miles from Carbide 3D and figured 1 day shipping (since they had them in stock) but I was wrong.

I believe the Shapeoko’s are partially assembled / packaged / sent from their Illinois facility, while the Nomad’s and component production is done in California.

3 Likes

@tmorris9 I ordered mine and figured the same thing. Here in Riverside, but I opted for normal shipping because I figured the one day too… But it only took 3 days to get here with normal shipping. Order placed on Tuesday and it arrived by Friday.

1 Like

As @3DGG noted, we have two locations: Torrance, Ca. and Chicago.

Because Torrance is the first location setup (headquarters?) it’s where all shipments are listed as originating (until they get scanned off a docks and the shipping company begins reporting that accurately).

We do have a very basic article which covers this:

1 Like

Thanks all.

And I was not complaining about the delivery time just curious, was not aware they had a location in Chicago.

BTW mine arrived today. Will be late next week I think before I get to open and assemble it. (waiting on a friend to make for my table top since I don’t have a truck to haul the large wood he volunteered to pick it all up and bring it to me and we will assemble it here).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.