Just purchased this

I’ve been using the very first Silhouette Cameo since it came out, and have been thinking of buying the new Cameo 4 for sometimes. After seeing this on eBay, I could not resist. It’s about $40 savings plus you cannot find this color anywhere else. I use the Cameo along with my Shapeoko 3 XXL to make my custom water cooling distribution blocks for PC’s, and custom computer cases for gamers and enthusiasts, plus tons of other fun stuff.

1 Like

I also & finally got his as well.

2 Likes

Oh that’s interesting, I wonder if I can justify this purchase because I could use on my 3D printer as well…

Are you running a spindle on your XXL that can accommodate the 1/2” shank of the center pin?

I know @Julien has the Edge Technology Easy Tram, and that has a 1/4” shank. I’ve had it in my “Save for Later” on Amazon for a while.

2 Likes

Yes, my spindle accommodates 1/2" shank.

You’ll have to share some feedback on how you like it. Being slightly cheaper, I was excited to see an alternative to the Easy Tram but then I saw 1/2” center pin…

1 Like

I sure will as soon as I get it. I just ordered it last night.

I bought one from Boring Research and w/o dail indicators cause I got plenty of those. Supposedly, having followed them on Instagram, they’ll turn down the shaft to 1/4" on request.

2 Likes

I love tools…really love tools, but never buy a tool (Kitchen OR Shop) that is a unitasker, (except a fire extinguisher). This is what I use: (Indicator $25, 1/4" shank Dovetail ext, $9)

Edit (ADD): Wow the price of the Chinesium Ind has gone way down ($10)

5 Likes

I had rigged something similar with an old interapid my Dad gave me. What did we call Chinesium before AvE?

1 Like

I have had good luck with the 1/4" plywood piece that @WillAdams shared here.
Seem’s if you need multiple dials you would need 4 dials. 2 will not do the complete job without moving. 4 would.
Personally, I find amusement in the fact that people buy that thing. It is a half tool…

Eh, you spin the tool to measure and tram in the direction of the Y and X axis. It made dailing in my Mini Mill much easier and faster vs a single armed indicator, let alone across upwards of 6" span. Time is money and was worth it for me.

4 Likes

An old school way to get a drill press table square to the spindle was to take a coat hanger and but two bends in it. Then chuck up the coat hanger and slowly move your spindle and check the gap underneath the coat hanger and adjust your table until you get an even gap all the way around. The double dial indicators is a more high tech way of doing the old time method. The 3 inch span is a little small but for a quarter inch shank that what they offer. Someone above said you can custom order from the vender the larger one with a quarter inch pin. I think that would be better than the 3" one because you get 6 inches with the bigger gauge. I ordered the quarter inch one from Amazon because I had seen this some time ago and wanted it but never got around to ordering. Seeing the posts above made me remember and order.

5 Likes

I was feeling cheap and didn’t want to wait for delivery, so I 3D printed a plastic bracket and stuck some 8mm aluminium rod in it to chuck up in the small collets of the Kress;

OK, I have to move round the machine to read the spindle in different orientations but it’s cheap and I don’t re-tram the spindle very often.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.