Layer Assistance Please

I can do Text on Text all day long. The way I end up doing it, the program has some air cuts that make the job run long… But it works

To expand my knowledge base a bit I wanted to do multi-level cutting. Attached is a file I created with no tool paths yet. From what I have been able to finger out I will need to use the Layer feature.

Forgot to mention this will be pocketed

I don’t understand it yet.

On the file, Him Her one height. Last Name another Height, Hearts another height

Thanks

Him Her Last Name.c2d (164 KB)

Please see:

If you’ll convert the Text to Curves in your file we can work up a step-by-step tutorial — it doesn’t seem to have the correct appearance when I open it:

Here you go Will. I will look at link you gave
Him Her Last Name.c2d (144 KB)

Him Her Last Name.c2d (424 KB)
Is this what you are looking for? I did some quick tool paths.

2 Likes

Thank you Sean.

I am looking to do, lets pick some numbers, Last Name .01, Him Her .02, Hearts .03. Figured it could be accomplished with layers easier than creating offsets. At least I hope. Pocketing with offsets would take a bit of time I expect. Plus learning layers is good for this old fart. Something new every day.

Thank you again

More like this then? I updated the toolpaths, if you go to the simulation and let me know it this is what you are trying to acheive.
Him Her Last Name.c2d (688 KB)

2 Likes

Great job. You captured all the parts with no lost time for cutting air.

Thank you very much

2 Likes

You’re welcome, that is a neat idea too, by the way. I really like it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.