Legacy Versions of Carbide Motion

Hi all -

By chance, does anyone have any legacy carbide motion install (.deb) files for carbide motion version 5 for the raspberry pi?

I run build 579 but my RPi SD has become corrupt and I have undetaken a fresh install with CM6 but they have removed the “manual travel dimensions” from settings!? I run a VFD with SuckIt dust boot and SuckItEars so my X travel is not per standard XXL - the spindle crashes into the gantry with standard settings. I cannot understand why this setting has been removed.

I have reached out to support but they have indicated that historic/legacy build releases are not kept/archived!? :face_with_spiral_eyes: which frankly is mind boggling.

TIA

You can still change the travel parameters manually in CM6.x for RPi.

Once you’ve connected to your CNC,
Click on the Build # in the bottom left tab, click Open Data Directory, open the Shapeoko.Json file in text editor to see CM parameters & change to your hearts’ content.

Once saved, close CM & restart to check that your new parameters are in play. Do a reboot to be absolutely sure.

Be sure to check your machine’s operation thoroughly after any manual edits. Any changes you make there are on you.

2 Likes

Found the last versions of CM 5.x for Rpi I had been using-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag8lEae-iupewPZijY63h8CcUG4x4Q?e=yL6dwt

Link will be active till end of the year.

Thanks! Really appreciate that!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.