"Limit Switch Hit" - Fusion 360

I’m trying to learn to engrave on my Nomad as a first step (I’ve done the head tutorial too). I’ve been successful engraving with Carbide Create. I use Fusion 360 for other things, and wanted to switch to that. I generated a file with the Carbide post-processor. The simulation looked OK. But when I run the file ( F360_engrave_1.nc ) in Carbide Motion (build 513) (9.9 KB) , it asks me to put a new tool in (I click OK since the bit is already in), the spindle speeds up, but then the table goes all the way back, and I get a “Limit Switch Hit” error. Not sure why it goes that far back since it’s well past the zero I set. When it was running I could see the M3, not sure about the G54, but it seemed to freeze at “G0 X-7.137 Y-7.023”. Any suggestions for trouble shooting? Thanks,
/K

Where did you set zero in your Fusion file? Basically your WCS origin point in F360 needs to match where you set it on your workpiece.
If you share the Fusion file, I can show you where you went wrong.

3 Likes

Thanks Neil. That was it. I went to download the file and realized I hadn’t saved my last checkpoint. In setting up a new file I found where to set the model zero (I had assumed that it was automatically the origin in Fusion 360). Worked when I ran it this time. I appreciate the help.
/K

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.