Limit switch please help

they are closed and i cant find an email

The email address is support at carbide3d.com

Or call them in the morning US time (I think they’re in PST but not sure).

thank you for your help i hope this will fix the issue

1 Like

NP,

Looks like we found the fault, the Carbide support folks will get you going.

Just frustrating for you having gone through the assembly and now having to wait to use your new machine.

i still have this toy

1 Like

Please e-mail us about this at support@carbide3d.com (I checked and you don’t seem to have e-mailed in yet) and we’ll do our best to get a replacement wiring extension as quickly as we can.

do you need a picture as well

If you send the one you’ve posted above, that would be great. I’ve mentioned this on the team chat so everyone will know to look for it.

do you know if they will be sending just a plug if so i will take the old one off and get it ready

It will be a complete wire.

Are they not soldering those ends to the connector?
Should be soldered and crimped, (I personally would also add a heat-shrink tube) won’t come loose and gives a good solid connection. Crimping only gives a poor connection and can allow the wire to slip out.

A properly crimped wire connection is very robust. Aircraft wiring harness connectors are crimped, and they are tested to ensure they last decades. My personal opinion is they are having some “teething issues” with the wiring harnesses. Maybe someone needs some re-training on the proper crimping process, and what settings the crimper need to be set to for different terminals and wire gauges.

The technicians where I work have to get re-certified every year to ensure they can still read a wire diagram and get the right terminal, right wire, right crimper, and dial in the crimper settings per the controlling document to ensure a proper crimp is applied to the terminal.

Too much crimp, and the wire can be pinched/cut off, or stretched too much at the crimp point, and fail due to fatigue from vibration. Too little crimp and the terminal can slowly work its way off the wire because there is not enough tension to securely hold it.

4 Likes

Yep, there are some good reasons not to solder a crimped joint.

Solder joints are brittle compared to crimp joints as the solder makes the wire less flexible near the joint.

Solder joints will flow and move at much lower temperature (i.e. current) than the surrounding copper.

Solder joints electrolyse slowly and are quite vulnerable to humidity and other corrosive agents.

3 Likes

I did write that wrong didn’t I…
I agree, properly crimped there should be no problem, but since there are several posts already on wires pulling out on the new machine, well…

1 Like

Pull tests (even sampled from a daily batch) can identify issues with your crimp tool or settings. Ideally 100% of cables are pull tested, because it’s almost always cheaper than shipping “bad” product. This is even more true for finished goods where the customer can’t realistically be expected to re-route a replacement cable.

1 Like

hello group i just received my x axis wire is there a way to install it in the harness

1 Like

Is it just the X axis wire you have and not the whole loom?

If so you can either try to pull it through the drag chains or you can pry open the covers on the drag chains to lay the wire in and then close them.

Up to you whether you want to cut all the cable ties on the bundle to remove the old dead wire or not.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.