List of Supported G-Codes Carbide Motion and Nomad

Hi, I am trying to tweak my Gcode manually and I’ve found that T[#] and M6 commands both prompt the Nomad to home and probe. The M6 will ask for a tool change then probe again. So when I turn on my Nomad the initialization process does a home and probe then asks for a tool change, then probes again, then it does two more home and probe cycles when I start the program.

I’ve also noticed that optional stop M01 sometimes works and sometimes not. None of this has been an issue, its always done this, and I’ve never had production volume so high the wasted 5 min was an issue but now I do.

Is there a list of supported G/M codes and how they are interrupted by carbide motion and the Nodmad?

Is there way to change default behavior particularly the 4 probing cycles when initializing and starting a program?

Hi @Simon,

To the best of my knowledge there is no such list (of which instructions get intercepted and managed specifically by CM), and CM’s behavior is not configurable (in the spirit, I think, of keeping it simple/foolproof/newbie-friendly, and not having to support an infinite number of custom user configurations). If you are at the point where you need to finetune your workflow, you have the possibility to use an alternate G-code sender and setup macros to do exactly what you want

1 Like

This should be a workable list:

If not, let us know and we’ll update it.

2 Likes

(thank you for setting me straight! I missed that FAQ entry somehow)

1 Like

Can you recommend one?

I use CNCjs and like it, and there are a number of users here, so it’s good to be able to help each other (well in practice, it’s mostly @neilferreri helping everyone else :slight_smile: )
This being said, I don’t have a Nomad, so I would let someone else who does (and uses something else than CM) comment about how easy it is to use CNCjs and macros to utilize the Nomad’s tool length sensor (I imagine it’s quite similar to using the Shapeoko’s BitSetter from CNCjs, and that I do)

2 Likes

Attaching the meandering Nomad CNCJS/UGS tool length probe thread. Read 3-5 times for maximum absorption

Nomad Tool length Probe UGS

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.