Looking for a member in the Las Vegas area

Hi I am hoping to find a member on this community that would be willing to show me their Shapeoko 3 and show me how easy / difficult it is to set up a job, the programming of the machine scares me, I know there going to be a huge learning curve, and I like to ease my mind before I make a purchase. I would be willing to travel to southern Cal or Phoenix if necessary.

I’m in Los Angeles at the moment, I’d be happy to give you a tour. Also, Carbide 3D is over in Torrance (other side of los angeles from me) but still doable on a hard-day’s drive from Vegas.

There really isn’t too much about the machine that’s scary, well, other than the whirling metal bits.

The big suggestion I have, if you’re trying to get it all figured out, is to start with a decent CAD program. Depending on what you’re looking to make LibreCAD is great if you’re doing mechanical components, and is free, some of the cloud based systems that people throw around on here are ok.

I guess the big question is, what are you looking to do? I do mostly mechanical design (I build machinery) so I’m using Solidworks to generate the material I’m looking to cut on the SO3. This is probably a vastly different world than people who are using the SO3 for more artistic work.

If you want to come down, just need to give me some notice. Before you do, I’d like to get a better feel for what you’re looking to do and give you some reading material so you know what I’m talking about and can make the most of your trip.


Hi Andrew,

I appreciate the reply, and your time, 90% of what I do is going to be with wood, the other 10% will be with plastic and aluminum. I will be making signs, toys, and other craft type items found on Pinterest.

I will be in the LA area on March 5 and 6 if you can set aside an hour or two I would be very grateful.

Nothing I do will be very complex!

Thanks Christian

Update…I found someone here in Vegas that has a Shapeoko, he will be glad to give me a demo of the machine!


Excellent. If there’s anything else I can do let me know.

Heló cristian My name is Pedro dheming. I live here in Las Vegas. And I have a shapeoko xxl but I’m having a lot of trouble. Trying to create. Signs. Please help me. You find someone here. Please let me know if I can join your group. EDIT: Phone # redacted out of privacy considerations END EDIT thank you in advance

I’ve removed your phone # from your post — anyone who needs to contact you should send you a personal message to get your phone #.

I’ve also upgraded your account to member status, so if you wish, you can contact folks directly and send them your phone # via a personal message.

Did I broke any law ??by doing that I didn’t know I’m very sorry

1 Like

It’s not a law, or even a guideline, just us trying to ensure that there isn’t the possibility of anyone’s privacy being troubled.

1 Like