LOVING my Nomad now, but

I was having a couple of issue with my Nomad and software but with an earlier release those were fixed and now my Nomad is the go to machine in my small shop. I am absolutely loving it. I think it won’t be long before I purchase a back up machine.

The issues I have now is, I zero the machine on my part, load a job v566 motion, run the job, pull the part. I zero the next job, load the job, job stops showing 10% loaded and crashes. Then of course I have to reset and start all over.

Next issue. Starting up V566 motion, go to jog, it doesn’t see my xbox controller, go to settings, uncheck and check external input and then it work. The box was check but I have to uncheck and then check it again.

Thank you so much for any advice. This info may be posted already. I did look but haven’t seen it.

Please try the latest CM release. We added a crash reporter in the Windows build that’s already helped fix on crash this week.

If we get the crash info sent, we can probably get it fixed quickly.

2 Likes

I assume the crash that just got reported is you. If so, please send me the gcode file as well to look at.

Also, for future users reading this, ALWAYS include your name and email in the crash reports. It comes directly to us, and we’d like to be able to tell you that we found the problem.

1 Like

Since you have included the crash reporting as part of CM maybe you need to add that information in the setup so you always get the info you need. Your software team seems to be working at a fantastic pace. Good work from me to the software team.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea, we may have to do that.

1 Like

No, that wasn’t me. I am actually running a set of 3 identical parts right now so I can’t download and install the latest version yet.

I am impressed with company. Very happy. There may be a bug here and there but it’s 95% great and the other 5% can be worked around as they clean things up. I really can not complain.

I guess it was just a coincidence. Can I get the gcode that triggered the crash for you?

1 Like

Good morning.

I did just install the newest Motion but haven’t started working just yet. However there is never a code with the crash. When downloading a new job after cutting a job is when this crash happens (last night, with the older version this did not cause a crash but did earlier in the day and previous attempts ). I would cut a job, attempt a download of the next job, the status bar would get to 10% and then motion would completely shout down just as if I clicked the X to shut it down.

I will be starting work in just a bit. We’ll see, maybe that issue is resolved with the update. If not I will send the crash code.

Thank you. I really do appreciate the help. Just try to get help with Mach3 or Mach4. There is no such thing.
Jim

I did have the upload crash right on my first attempt to upload a job. I did include my name and email so you can find my crash report. Trying the upload again, if enable, will try to move the job with a thumb drive.
If I’m the only one having this issue it may be some network setting.

After restarting Motion the same job, without any modification was able to upload via network.

Hey Jim,
Can you e-mail in the gcode that’s causing the crash to support@carbide3d.com and I’ll kick it over to Rob when it comes in.

1 Like

We just uploaded 570 which, should fix your problem. We only found one thing that could have caused the crash where it happened but that condition “can never happen” without there being defective G-code.

I suspect the transfer got interrupted and you ended up with malformed G-code, which caused the crash. We’ll see if 570 eliminates it.

2 Likes

Thank you. It is a long program. I will install 570. Thank you for very much for your outstanding support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.