Luer Lock Fitting

I would be glad to hear about any experiences milling a male luer lock fitting, the taper and the threads.

So kind of you to look this up. I’ve seen this version of the standard.
I would like to learn of experience interpolating the taper on a Shapoko family machine, and pointers to an appropriate threadmill, with a long enough narrow shank, and a deep enough cut, but still small enough to avoid the taper, and any machining strategies that can remove the material with such a small tool without breaking the tool.
Thanks again, very much.

1 Like

This seems like a really challenging problem, have you considered a simpler solution like buying an off-the-shelf fitting that mates with a more normal thread and then milling that instead?

It doesn’t seem that thread mills for this exist, if they’re possible. You almost certainly need a custom tool made.

And I’m dubious that interpolating on a Shapeoko is a practical solution, they can be made sufficiently accurate but from what I’ve seen, it’s a whole ordeal to get one accurate and keep it there. It’s hard enough milling standard metric threads on my Nomad.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.