Mac os 12 carbide create

I am trying to download carbide create build 648 version 5 or the Beta build 650 on my new Macbook pro with MAC OS 12 and it downloads fine but when the I try to open it comes up with a message “An error occurred while installing the selected updates”. I tried deleting it and downloading 3 times and it is the same message. Also tried from Safari and Chrome browsers. Does carbide create not work on MAC OS 12?

I don’t think we have that message in our program at all. If you can post a short video of trying to launch CC and getting that message, that would be helpful.

I got a reply via email from William and he pointed out that since my laptop has the M1 chip I need to install Rosetta software. I recall a pop up the first time I downloaded it and clicked not now so I am trying to figure out how to download Rosetta from Apple.

1 Like

Hey everyone finally figured this out. When I first did the download a pop up came that asked if I wanted to install Rosetta, since I didn’t know what that was or if it was related to carbide create I clicked not now, then when I tried to open it I got the above message. So then I deleted the original download and emptied the trash and downloaded it again when I tried to open the program it did not give me the option to install Rosetta. I did some research and could not figure out how to download this Rosetta. After numerous attempts I decided to reboot the computer. After I did this and tried to open up the program the pop up came up to install Rosetta then it worked. Turns out that a Mac with the M1 chip cannot run a program designed to only work with an Intel chip without this Rosetta.

The community never steers you wrong.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.