MacBook Air to run SO3 XXL

Hello All,

I will be upgrading the MacBook Pro on my Shapeoko3 XXL. It’s a circa 2012 model, and its starting to slow down.

I’m wondering if there are any known issues running a newer Mac with the Shapeoko3? I’m mostly concerned with the USB C connection and having to use adapters.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Plan on ordering later today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

I use the Macbook with the USB-C adapter that has the USB-USBC-HDMI splitter and it works great. USB goes to machine, USB-C for power, HDMI to screen and I use a wireless keyboard and mouse to keep the computer closed so no dust gets in it.

2 Likes

I use a 2020 MacBook Air with my Shapeoko XL and it works great. Since the new MacBooks have USB-C connectors, I bought these to use with the Shapeoko USB cable:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0827X6R2X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 months now and zero issues.

2 Likes

@Derrick1468 and @ScottsdaleSteve thanks for your response and link to the goodies.

That’s exactly what I needed to know.

I have it on the Apple bag fully loaded!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.