Machine controller restarted unexpectedly and may be in an undefined state

Hello everyone,

I know this has been discussed in other posts, however I have tried everything that has been suggested to fix this error with no luck. I have a Shakeoko 3 XXL and can’t get it to initialize. It will attempt to do the Z check but with Z limit switch connected I get the following error:

Limit Switch error (Z) - Homing cycle failed - GRBL Error: Homing Failed, pull off didn’t clear - Machine controller restarted unexpectedly and may be in an undefined state

I am ordering replacement Limit switches as I have concluded that the Z Limit switch is faulty. Once the switches are replaced will the other errors be resolved?

Thanks

Did the switches test as working?

If they don’t signal correctly when pressed/metal is presented to them, then yes, they will need to be replaced. If you’re in warranty (12 months), or have proximity switches, let us know at support@carbide3d.com

If you’re out of warranty and have mechanical/push-button switches, we have an upgrade kit at:

The Z switch is stuck on and sending a constant signal to the board. I’m ordering the new Proximity switch kit.

turn off the machine, and move it by hand away from the limit switches, then turn it back on. You should be able to initialize it then. Apparently if you are too close to the limit switches it won’t initialize.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.