Machine Limits on Shapeoko Pro

I have a Shapeoko Pro XL. The limits on this machine are 33(X) 17.5(Y) 4(Z).
I’ve had this machine for 4 years and I just noticed something that has me confused.
First, everything is working fine, it Initializes correctly and cuts correctly.

Here’ my confusion. After i initialize the machine if i use Rapid Position to move the carriage to N S E or W it moves the carriage to that position. But then if i use the jog button i can move the carriage further in that direction.

Example: I click on Rapid Position S and the carriage moves to the front center of the machine. But then if i go to jog i can move the carriage another 2 1/2 inches toward the front of the machine. The same thing happens if i use N W or E although the distance i can jog from the the Rapid position is not as great. Maybe .5 inch.

So my question is. Is the limits of the machine the position its at when i use rapid position or the position its at when i jog to the max distance.

I hope i explained that well. And like i said my machine is working fine.

The Rapid Position points are well w/in the travel limits.

The limits for jogging are much closer to the actual travel limits, but fall a bit shy so as to account for variations in homing switch position and belt stretch (not everyone calibrates for it).

Thanks Will. That’s kind of what i was thinking. Cant believe i never noticed this before.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.