Machine malfunction

So this is a new one. I have two issues on my hands.

The first one is pic 1 and pic 2 where my machine just stopped working mid cut and disconnected with a notification “GRBL not found”. I did not lose power nor did my computer turn off or go into sleep mode.

Second problem is on a different cut, pic 3; I am milling out a plug for an inlay and while cutting it just decides to move completely away from the stock and continue cutting. This is still with the first 1/4 bit before I move to the vee bit.

Are these two issues correlated? Or has anyone see this before and can give some ideas on how to fix it? Attached is the file for the second issue where the router moved off the stock.

LSU purple plug.c2d (188 KB)

Regarding the second problem, it’s because you have 2 “plugs” in your toolpath, so it’s trying to cut both. You need to open your design and select/delete the blob off to the right…

1 Like

Oh crap! Haha did not realize that was still selected. What an idiot I am, thanks for that I should have been more aware. But as for the disconnection and GRBL notification, would that be some wiring or computer issue of some sort?

1 Like

Regarding the disconnect, you’re going to get a lot of feedback from the community on how to control ESD. I’m in Arizona (very low humidity - like 10%), so I have to be careful not to fiddle with my USB cable during a job, otherwise I’ll invite a disconnect.

So the 98% humidity is South Ga is good for something then?

Here is what I did for issues I experienced. Since then I can truthfully say only had one.

Grounding your Shapeoko - CNC Machines / Shapeoko - Carbide 3D Community Site

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.