Machine will not initialize

My machine will check the z axis then go to the x homing switch and stop. The light on the switch stays red.

I’ve also been getting a strange noise occasionally like a grinding sound and my circles quit cutting out round.

Pics attached.

Thank you for your help.

Scott

Check all the motor wiring.

Are the linear rails and blocks clean and well-lubricated?

https://my.carbide3d.com/docs/maintenance/

If there’s nothing obvious to address, power down and remove both Y-axis belts and put a witness mark on the pulleys/motor shafts after checking that the pulleys and set screws are secure on the shaft (so that one can see if the pulley shifts on the shaft) and a bit of tape on the pulleys (so as to more easily see their rotation), then power up, connect and try initializing.

The machine should home Z-axis and then X-axis normally, but the Y-axis motors should turn until they time out — do they turn evenly and in synch?

Let us know what you find out at support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to work through this with you.

2 Likes

I should have included it in original post but I have a 5 pro so no belts. Everything is pretty clean it’s only a couple weeks old. Wiring all looks good to me. It went from running great to not overnight.

They are a couple recent threads on this including my own with some troubleshooting steps.

The main thing is to check the settings-debug tab and see what sensors are triggered or are showing triggered when they shouldn’t be.

You can check each sensor with a wrench to make sure it’s lighting up.

My thread

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.