Making Room In My Garage - Whats a Fair Price For a Shapeoko3XXL?

Hey all,

I got a Shapeoko 3xxl a couple years ago for my small business. It worked great for a few years, mainly used for cutting mount holes in kydex holsters and some odd projects once in a while. Well I got offered a position at my old job which I took and this thing has been collecting dust. Any suggestions on a fair price?

Its got a few small upgrades like touch probe, and a T track, but the wood has been modified with threaded inserts, and just generally has some marks and small cuts from various projects. Likely the next user would do good to swap the wood out. I also have a handful of misc endmills of various sizes and specs.

Thanks for the advice! I am in the Sacramento area as well if anyone is interested I suppose!

The price depends on accessories. Do you have belt z or z-plus? Do you have BitSetter?

With belt z and no BitSetter maybe $1100.00. With z-plus and BitSetter maybe $1300.00.

I sell on Craigslist a lot. So if you want $1300 bottom line ask $1450. That makes the buyer feel like they got a good deal.

On Craigslist do not put whole address. Just town and zip code.

Craigslist may take a month or more to get a response. The CNC market is small. Even smaller on Craigslist. At bottom of listing add a lot of key words. When looking at cl and searching for a specific item you get a lot of unrelated stuff. Click on one of those ads and copy their key words to get greater visibility.

I don’t do Facebook but understand market place is good for local buyers.

Generally the first person to come and physically see the machine will buy it. An XXL will fit in backseat of 4 door pickup or bed. Remove router from mount to reduce weight bouncing up and down.

Don’t worry if you don’t get immediate response it will sell.

1 Like

Thank you so much. This reply was very helpful.

I have not made any modifications to the belt system, no z plus or anything, and no bit setter, just the touch probe. I was also just wondering if It would be better to take apart or leave it solid. It will fit im my van fine totally built, and I can even keep it on the platform it sits on easily.

Thanks again!

Personally I would not buy anything off craigslist or any other sales site that I could not have the tool demonstrated. I would leave it together and let the buyer figure out what to do. I think personally if I were to buy one I would rather have it together. You are very likely to sell it to someone local and as a bonus you could deliver it to them.

One more piece of advise. Collect your money before they load it up. If the machine gets dropped it is their problem and not yours.

2 Likes