Makita Precision Reducing Collet - Use with Shapeko Router

Can the reducing collet work with the 1/4" collet that comes with Shapeko router?
I have a bit that is 4mm, slightly larger than the .125" collet. Hoping to use this reducer in the .25" collet to tighten down to .157"

Thanks

If you mean:

while it works in pretty much any 1/4" collet, it doesn’t have the clamping range to fit a 4mm endmill. Instead use MRP-1575 from:

http://www.elairecorp.com/makitaroutercollets.html

1 Like

Great link. Thank you for the info.

I bought the Elairecorp 4,8MM, 1/8, 1/4 and 5/16" Dewalt collets. They were supposed to be in the mail today but did not show up. My old collets are ok but I wanted to try some new ones and be ready if I wanted to use metric bits. Total price was about $96.00 US for all five collets. Just waiting by the mail box.

1 Like

Same, except I didn’t bother with the 5/16" collet on the theory that 8mm would be close enough for the 5/16" endmill I bought (and it fit/worked fine), and I replaced my (old) 1/8" and 1/4" Elaire collets w/ the nicer Carbide 3D ones.

I bought the sets and the 3 imperial collets was cheaper than buying just the 1/4 and 1/8. I have no 5/16" bits and dont anticipate any but cheap is cheap.

1 Like

Finally got my new collets. Used my engraver to mark size. Easy to mix up 6mm and 1/4 inch.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.