Makita router collet

What collets will fit the Makita rt0701 router? I’ve searched the site. But I don’t see a which one would be best. I see references to ER collets but they don’t look like they will fit.

Those from the store (since the Carbide Compact Router and the RT0701 are very similar/compatible), or those from Elaire

Indeed, anything called “ER” collet will not fit.

1 Like

Not a lot of choice. Carbide is out. Makita does not offer 1/8 collet. Elarie seems to be the last choice.

Thanks.

Been waiting for it to come back in stock with Carbide… but might just have to get it from Elarie.

Note that the 1/4" Makita collet is easy to find on Amazon

The 1/8" model less so.

I ended up ordering it from Elarie. Didn’t realize they are only 35 miles from me. Found one for less money but not sure of the quality.

Please note that that is a stock collet, not a precision one, marketed for use w/ the router for hand-held use — the Carbide 3D and Elaire collets are much nicer w/ much lower runout.

2 Likes

Does this mean I should replace the collet that came with the router with a more precise collet?

Yes, if you’re using the stock Makita collet you’ll find a precision collet, either from Elaire or the Carbide 3D pair to be a marked improvement.

And don’t forget my favorite… 3/8 for Makita.

1 Like

While not a Makita Router… I too am looking for a replacement collet for my Carbide Compact Router. I see the Carbide store is sold out.

Any suggestions on where I can look. I tried purchasing a standard ER11 collet from Amazon. I found out it won’t fit. Would like a 1/4" and 1/8".

Any help would be appreciated.

The answer to your question is in this very thread. Check the second entry.

1 Like

thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.