Makita RT0702C and BitRunner

Hello,
I have a SO PRO XXL with BitRunner. Running a Makita RT0702C router, as it is what’s available here in Norway. I have a DeWalt also, but I only have 65mm spindle mount (DW is 69mm). Also pretty sure DW also has the anti-restart safety feature.

I am having trouble with the router not being started by the BitRunner, as the Makita has a “restart proof” safety feature built into it. In practice this means the Makita will not start if i leave the power switch in the “ON” position prior to BitRunner turning the spindle on, as the router “brain” apparantly reads this as the router being plugged in while router is on… thus, “restart proof” feature is engaged.

My current method is to start the job and leave the machine in “OFF” until CNC is done with the BitSetter sequence prior to running the job. Once machine moves off to the left after the BitSetter operation, there is an audible “click” from the BitRunner. As long as I manully flip the router to “ON” after this click, it turns on (if already in “ON”, a red light will start flashing as the machine enters “restart proof” mode, and does not turn on.

The consequence to this is that I really only get to benefit from 50% of the BitRunner’s features, as the router is turned off upon completion of the job (which is nice).

Is there a fix to this issue, so that router can also be started through the BitRunner?

Regards,
Alex

I did a quick search for your router. I found an article on oneinfinity about a bug in some firmware but if you look further down a poster satoer has a fix. Not sure of your electronics skills but it is a fix.

Another solution may be to switch the router with a switch on the front of the machine. Maybe a power strip to see if that would help. It is an additional step but you are already taking additional steps to get around the “safety” issue.

2 Likes

I believe the fix would be to find a Makita RT0700 which does not have the no-restart safety feature.

1 Like

Forgot to note — I actually use a 220V spindle on my machine, even though I’m here in the U.S. where cheap copper meant 110V:

I need to move it over to my SO5 Pro, and am looking forward to doing so.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.