MARINE needs help in Greeley Colorado north of Denver

Maybe I missed it, but where are you located? I’m a Marine veteran as well, and can definitely appreciate what you are doing sir. If I can help in any way, I am happy to.

1 Like

says he is from Greeley, Colorado

Never mind, missed it. Colorado is a bit away… that said, more than happy to help you get some design files made and a workable workflow. I had a great flag design with an EGA in 3d carved in to a flag. I wonder if I can find it. Your flags are amazing!

Edit to add, if you are making flags of that caliber… this machine is easily within your skillset. You just haven’t cracked the code yet.

Thank you Guys SO MUCH, and Loveland is just a few minutes away, BERY COOL. I have a big Department Convention for the next week, so no CNC BLUES, probably a good thing. I will DM you this next week or so.
THANK YOU!!!

Hey Jarred, thanks for the Shout Out, SEMPER FI BROTHER!!! I live in Colorado in a town called Greeley, it’s an hour North of Denver in the high plains. Please keep in touch, where do you live ?
Mike

1 Like

Glad that things are moving on the right track now and you seem to be more inspired. With the local assist hopefully you will be on your way. Like I said in an earlier post maybe we need a map of users willing to assist with issues. I would opt in and help to the best of my meager ability.

So, is it time to change the name of this thread!

3 Likes

I like that idea Cullen.
Two people see things differently so regardless of how little knowledge i have, with another person willing to learn together it makes it easier. Plus, with the quick support here it could work well. Great idea.

I hope your right Jarred!!! Thanks for the props on our flags! My Bride of 46 years Martha, paints the blue field, Stars and Stripes and then I Epoxy the flags, great teamwork!!
Mike

I don’t think we’ll let @Dinosaur sell his stuff just yet. :smiley:

Another Martha making flags. Who would have thought.

5 Likes

Michael, sir, you should propose a name for the ‘Map’ of helpers around the Shapeoko world. Your situation could be what creates it : ) inspiration!
Happy for you sir

1 Like

I live in Southeast Minnesota. 8 years Marine Corps, got out to be a civilian contractor working on Marine Corps contracts in Iraq and Afghanistan. I love your area, I head out that way yearly. Love what you are doing. I couldn’t be more inspired!

2 Likes

This. A map of fellow Shapeoko owners would be really great. I mean, I learned about Shapeoko from a local maker around here. Would be cool to have a way to reach out to local owners to work on ideas and collaborate on projects!

Everyone would need to opt in of course.
Maybe include some parameters of what they are willing to do, what travel range and whether they are willing to offer free services or expect some payment.

I bought my machine used. The guy that sold it to me delivered it from 2 hours away. He set it up and spent a few hours on the basics. It was an invaluable start.

Yes, I suppose Cullin, I’ve enjoyed meeting some of the community, I’m glad I have this option! THANK YOU!!
Mike

Colorado is too far for me to get there. Would love to help if I can anyway though.

I’m a little slow myself sometimes. Is your coin holder idea something like this?

I can maybe help in some of the computer design work, if that’s what you’re after. You having basic woodworking skills and knowing how to pour epoxy helps a ton.

If nothing else I can echo everyone else’s experience: we all have crashed on this machine. It’s unforgiving at first but worth it. I’ve watched my shapeoko destroy wood I’ve spent hours inlaying copper into, with the terrible knowledge that it was my entirely my fault.

1 Like

I’m equally inspired by you as well Jarred, 8 years in the Corps, Very Cool Brother. My life right now is giving back to every Veteran in every branch of service, the Honor of giving them a Final Tribute, a beautiful Commanders Ritual, a Prayer, a 3 round volley, Taps, fold and present the flag to the family. It is one of the most fulfilling duties I have ever had. In my 7 years of Honor Guard we have done 665 funerals, everyone of them a sad moment. When we play taps, that is the saddest moment for the family and for us.
It would be great to shake your hand sometime in the future, Thank You Marine!!!
SRMPER Fi
Mike

1 Like

On november 11th in Canada its Remenerance Day.
I live on a quiet lake and on a calm grey day at 11:11 i had my trumpet out and played ‘Last Post’ and sent a poppy afloat in the lake to represent my grandfather and his bravery. There is an amazing feeling you get when you never let something be lost or forgotten. Ive always wondered if there was a way to create the event on a cnc. Thanks to you all, the service means the world

5 Likes

Cullen I think all of what you’ve come up with is a Valuable sales tool for SHAPEOKO. A person really doesn’t know what their getting into when buying a CNC!!! I was so bummed yesterday after ruining another project and figured that it was above my ability to GET IT. But after all of the Great response’s from the Carbide community I got a renewed sense that maybe I can do it. I’m not sure I can help getting the Shapeoko community to form some kind of local support to help new owners of these machines, but I will try any way I can. The frustration of being in a shop, not Getting It, Day after Day is Rough and to have someone close that could come over with some type of compensation for them would be invaluable!!!
Thank You Cullen!!!
Mike

1 Like

Michael,
Glad we were able to help sway you. A nudge here or there.

Remember we are here . If you are having issues with a project, you can post it here for some help if you feel comfortable doing that. Heck I just did that, asking for help.

Good Luck, Now get some sleep.