Missing spindle in Settings/options in Carbide Motion

Hello,

I am totally new to all this, so likely missing something silly.

Just got the bit zero and bit runner. Did all the physical connections, went smooth. Following the steps in the video off the Carbide3d site, it said to not initialize the machine, go to Settings, then options, and then check the box for automatic spindle control.

I don’t seem to have any such option.

Shapeoko 5 Pro
Carbide Motion 618
Bit Runner deluxe

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Bob

What spindle/router are you going to use. As far as I can tell the SO5 has an hdz Z with a C3D VFD spindle. That usually just runs from the gcode without a BitRunner. The BitRunner is for use with a router and not a VFD C3D spindle. So I am guessing that if you have the VFD the BitRunner is not an option?

It is possible to run an SO5 with a router but a lot of them have the VFD Spindle. Which spindle/router are you trying to configure for and that might help with your setup options.

Thank you for the quick reply. I just have the compact router from carbide not the VFD spindle.

You would enable the BitRunner option in:

https://my.carbide3d.com/docs/shapeoko-setup/

Hey, thank you!

So i just run the, Setup new machine process again and select/leave all the same options with the exception of what i want to change?

Yes, just remember to save where appropriate.

Thank you, Will!
That did the trick.

Much appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.