Motion - Hotkey Request / Jog Request

I propose the addition of hotkeys for the following commands:

• Jog
  • Info
  • Home Cutter
  • Zero X, Zero Y, Zero Z
  • Toggle spindle on/off

This would significantly speed up the process of setting up the machine. It would also make shuttles/pendants usable with the software. Right now, you really cant use a pendant to do very much.

Secondly, I propose the addition of a rather simple but amazing feature to the zeroing screen:
The addition of 1/2 Axis zeroing. For those that haven’t used a DRO or industrial CNC machines, it basically cuts a bit of effort from finding the center of a piece.

Basically, you zero on one edge, find the other side of the stock (but do not zero). Hit the 1/2 button for the axis, then voila! It automatically calculates half the distance from your zero point and sets it as zero. You are now centered on your workpiece.

6 Likes

I agree. These would be nice additions to the software.

1 Like

[quote=“Jon, post:1, topic:3384”]
Hit the 1/2 button for the axis, then voila! It automatically calculates half the distance from your zero point and sets it as zero.[/quote]
In Mach3, after clicking in a DRO field, instead of entering a new number you type /2 and it does the number halving. I regularly use that on the Tormach.

Randy

2 Likes

These would be great to have. Ive been wondering why those hotkeys are missing.