Moving the Pro XXL Control Box

I wonder if anyone has moved the control box on the Pro XXL to the left side towards the front of the machine? The factory location for me, is the most inconvenient location it could be. I am not looking for a machine redesign, just a more friendly place for the control box. It sure would make for better cable management and allow using a much shorter USB cable.

1 Like

I believe I considered something similar a while back…until I realized how much effort it would be to do so neatly. There’s no reason that the control box HAS to be mounted to the rail - as long as you’ve got it mounted to something providing some decent heat sink dissipation qualities you could mount it to whatever you want.

I was thinking that mounting it on the rail added some more heat sinking. If I was going to move it I would mount in on an aluminum plate

A big concern I have is where to buy longer cables and the connectors to accomplish this. There are so many different wire connectors available. The ideal position for the box for me would left side of the machine towards the front.