Much excite, much frustrate

Working in CNCjs; the jogs can only be sent as G0. I can’t complete more than one movement with the jog keys unless I change the increment of movement, but can send and execute multiple commands via MDI as (G0 X1) etc. The confusing thing is that if I hit the G0 X0 Y0 button in CNCjs it sends the gantry towards the front of the machine away from any machine or work 0 positions. I suppose I could be in a loopy work position but not as far as I can tell…

Also having a good laugh at this whilst beating my head against the wall

$5=1
error:4 (Value < 0)

my mistake
$22=1
error:4 (Value < 0)

Have you set a work zero?
Without homing enabled, machine zero is the location you are when you power on.
Is the computer plugged in or running on battery?

Battery today and plugged in yesterday. I watched it freak out from idle to offline with a lesser quality USB yesterday so I’m pretty sure this one is stable. I have also unclipped the router cable off the gantry to check for interference there…

1 Like

Last thing I’ve got for now… Unplug USB cable, restart computer while crossing your fingers, plug everything back in, power on SO3 with fingers still crossed.

Hey fam, to update; I replaced the controller board and everything is working perfectly now. Sometimes you just have to commit to the rebuild but I was also happy to include some new clamps in my order. Lovely that the shipping was ridiculously fast to rural Australia seeing as most of our other freight has stopped. See you with completed projects soon :grin:

3 Likes

Good luck :+1:t3: We are waiting for new art to be done with it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.