Multiple tool paths one g code

How do i create one g code without disabling other toolpaths while using multiple bits ? and do i change tool bit while running the program .

If you have a BitSetter you can have multiple tools in one file.

ok , i had 2 different tools on one file and i do have bit setter. The program finished the first cut with one tool then stopped and positioned itself above the work area i shut off the router tried to remove the tool from it but there was not high enough for me to remove the tool i had to stop the program normalize the machine and then split the file into 2. How do i make it for it to move far enough up for me to replace the tool and continue with the program or even better to jog it towards the front in order to change the tool .

Double check if you have the “carbide3d shapeoko” selected as the post processor under Edit/Select post processor. If you don’t, this probably explains what you are seeing. Select the correct post processor and save the g-code again then. For a multi tool job, the machine should then automatically move to the front when a tool change is needed.

3 Likes

Thank you ! my setting were wrong that was the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.