My design (CC) just shrunk to about 1/16" image along with the grid. help please

I’ve just about finished my design and suddenly the grid and design reduce itself to about 1/16".

I’ve just spent a long time trying to figure out how to bring it back to proper size. I can use the mouse wheel to enlarge it’s size but the design and grid are off to the right side of the screen. I’ve tried to “undo” to back out of the problem to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
TW

Did you try View => Reset view ?

1 Like

thanks for the reply,
yes I did try ‘reset view’

TW

I would check to see if your workpiece size got changed. Can you post the file?

Hi Lester,

Yes, I will try to do that. I’m out of my shop now but will work on it tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the help.
TW

Ok Lester…here is the file, I hope it is usable. Notice my design is moved away from the grid because I was trying different options to get the grid moved into the work area where I could enlarge it. The red line is supposed to be a centerline, I also moved it off the grid as I tried different things.
thanks for helping.
TW

Carbide Create-DPDT-Base_Bottom-v3.c2d (90.1 KB)

The centerline was the issue. You have a workpiece defined as 2.5 x 2.5 and the center line was 73.5 wide. I deleted the centerline grouped the rest of the drawing and centered it in the workpiece.
Carbide Create-DPDT-Base_Bottom-v3 Centerline removed .c2d (88.3 KB)

3 Likes

Lester-
Perfect !! Thanks for rescuing me from my own demise :).
I’ve just started using CC and for the simple things I do, I really like it. I have a TAIG CNC mill with Mach 3, cutting mostly Alum. and Brass.
This design will produce parts for a telegraph key ( morse code) I’m working on.

Thanks again and may God bless,
TW

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.