I ran my Shapeoko for the first time today! My Bitzero V2 kept failing when I tried to probe the Z axis, so I think I’m doing something wrong. I just zeroed the machine manually and ran my first cut.
It’s nothing fancy, but I was so giddy when it started!
A few things I learned:
- MDF is so messy!
- I need to lower my sweepy a little bit.
- The entire machine shakes my table a little, it might be due to the fact it’s on wheels.
- I used too much double-sided tape and had a heck of a time getting the part off the wasteboard! I broke a plastic paint scraper and had to use a metal one.
- I used a cable tie clip to hook a bungy cord to hold the vacuum hose up, but might explore other options.
- This thing is going to be so much fun!