My New User Introduction

Hello,
My name is Mike and I am a retired Paramedic. I have not received my Shapoko 4 Pro yet but am waiting anxiously for it to arrive. I have been doing wood work and metal machining for hobbies as well as carving miniature animals and life size birds for many years. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I am also an avid hunter. Looking forward to learning cnc. I am a young 71 year old male so sometimes the understanding of a subject comes a little slow but I always manage to get to the destination. Look forward to this learning experience.

11 Likes

Welcome to the insanity that is CNC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Mike_Delke,

Welcome to the community!
Enjoy the ride, I have fond memories of first assembling my SO3, and 5 years later I’m still hooked

Welcome

We are here to help get you past the difficult issues. There are no dumb questions as you have learned in your time on Earth.

Welcome!
I am glad to see another mature CNC enthusiast joining the ranks.
I hope I can aid you as you grow with your new toy. I’m no expert but have learned a lot with those here who are great educators in the art.
I look forward seeing your first project and those that follow as you grow.
BTW, I am a young 66 years old.

Welcome, Yooper! :slight_smile:

You came to the right place. Lot’s of friendly, helpful people here.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with your machine.

I’m a “Troll” (Algonac, MI), but I visit & hunt in Crystal Falls every year (~37 yrs)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.