My Shapeoko on Steroids

Well i still have some inputs left

5 Likes

No laser?

Surely, you could use a laser.

3 Likes

My OCD kicks in to ask you, please put some electrical tape or shrink-wrap on those six solder joints on the top power connections :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

And please shorten the black wire that’s hanging down obstructing my view of the Masso logo being that we are nitpicking here I want my machine to be perfect before you ship it to me.

Great job on making my machine jealous by the way.

4 Likes

I meant something like this:
Laser Overkill

7 Likes

Looking at those, they’re not just joints, there’s resistors crimped into the ferrules there I think, time for some heat shrink, my fingers are itching… :wink:

2 Likes

hi guys i didnt want this thread to die without updating you on my new adventure, NOT SHAPEOKO RELATED, but a consequence of everything i have learnt

i found an OLD 1997 BIESSE rover 321 machine that is 3 metres x 1 metre table size, it uses a really big spindle and huge Yaskawa servos…

machine weight 2700 kg

Control cabinet weights 500 kg

the machine was in working consition, bought by a friend in order to retrieve the controller and fix a bigger Biesse router, and i bought the rest for only 1500 Australian dollars…

As you can see, i have been cleaning all the parts i wont use, removing all the saw dust and also learning about Yaskawa servos…

My Shapeoko will help produce the parts i need to make some adaptations on the z axis, and them this machine will produce all the big parts i need for my telescopes…

See you guys, if someone is bothered because i posted this update non shapeoko related, please let me know…

in this case… correct!!! is not a shapeoko…

diego.

11 Likes

The footprint of that Rover321 is…more or less the size of my garage :sweat_smile:
Don’t hesitate to post more CNC goodness like this ! It will be great to see Shapeoko parts used in larger CNCs to make even larger parts…CNCception !

4 Likes

Well,

At least now you have something that can skim the whole area of the Shapeoko wasteboard :wink:

4 Likes

What a score!

thats an interesting machine design, would you mind taking a pic of how the gantry attaches to the base? must be some heavy bearings!

Also if you hear of any other deals like that please get in touch with me… I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat! (currently live in Perth, AU but location isn’t important)

2 Likes

Considering what you did with your Shapeoko, I can’t wait to see what you do with this monster! Maybe something with a Mercedes body?

3 Likes

Possible update on the Twifoko build . Stay tuned

1 Like

AtC working. Now coolant and enclosure

5 Likes

now ready to let this one die… greetings everyone!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.