Naming Fun: Name your Machine, Ive got one for mine, whats the one for yours

Hello all.

So, I’ve assembled my machine and have been using it for some time now, but I still have yet to put a name on it. I was going to use my own name on the machine but felt it should have its own unique one, and I was wondering if others out there had done something similar (like naming your vehicle)

If this is you, please post the cool name you’ve given your machine.

I’ve decided to call mine Woodchuck. I might even zip tie a stuffed Woodchuck to it :grinning:

3 Likes

Please don’t zip tie a toy to it — goes against safety considerations.

I called by Shapeoko 1 “Watchmaker” out of fondness for a classic series by Niven & Pournelle and because of grandiose ideas about what I’d make w/ it.

Now that I work for the company and there are so many, not really workable to name them.

1 Like

lol… ha haaaaa :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy:
Man that is so funny… You are so right…
I know that I said that, but when I said it, I was thinking of zipping it to the table or something.

good name for your machine though

1 Like

For now, since you brought it up and I feel compelled to put a name on it.
I think I’ll call mine “SPLINTER”. Was thinking Chippy but I like Splinter better. (For now?)

2 Likes

Mine got named “Shaky” after watching how the table shook and did a little dance during the helical ramp at the start of an adaptive clear.

2 Likes

You may want to do some reinforcement on your table, so it doesn’t fall down on you. (Not knowing how shaky it is. Mine moves some and I am going to add some reinforcement to the legs, when I get around to it. Wait… I make those, “Round Tuits”. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, it got a load of diagonal braces after that, but nicknames stick and you can always turn up the acceleration to get the shake back…

3 Likes

So damage caused by fuzzy dice dangling off the router is not covered under warranty? Asking for a friend.

3 Likes

No, it’s not, and we won’t be held liable for a child reaching into the working envelope to play w/ the “toy”.

It’s a power tool, please treat it seriously, and use appropriate caution and always follow the checklist:

1 Like

I Like splinter, that is a great name pick.

@LiamN
I like Shaky also.

I don’t think there are really any bad names at all so long as they are appropriate, and it has meaning to you.

2 Likes

My machine name is the same as my dog.

1st:. God
2nd:. Darnit

4 Likes

Dusty is the name I came up with

3 Likes

I can’t repeat what I call mine in public so will just say Censored!

1 Like

yeah its harder to send them out the door once you name them.

1 Like

I finished assembling my first today on May 4th, Star Wars Day. So naturally, I’ll have to call it Chewie. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

LOL
I like it.

Actually, I am watching Star-Wars right now as I respond to this.

Welcome to the community
May the 4th B with you

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.