Need Amana End Mill Setup Help

I bough Amana - 1- 1/16" upcut (46403-K) ; 1 - 1/16" downcut (46009-K) (end mills) ; along with 1 - 3/16’ (46009-K ) downcut end mill and I cannot find the info to set the tools up in the library.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try the McFly as a start. That bit is similar in size. Do some test cuts and see how it comes out. The McFly has a recommend IPM of 60. I would think you might need to up the IPM. I have a Whiteside 6210 1" Fly bit and it burns if the IPM is too slow. The McFly is recommended for wood only so if you are going to mill metal that would be a different case.

What machine are you going to use these Amana bits on?

Edit: I thought you were going to use 1.0625" tools not .06245". The McFly is a surfacing bit. Sorry.

1 Like

Amana Tool datasheets (speeds and feeds) can usually be found as a downloadable PDF on their website under the page for the tool.

Solid-Carbide-Spektra-Spiral-Plunge-2-3-Flute-v39 (amanatool.com)

Thanks for your reply. I have a Shapeoko 4 XXL with a Carbon3D compact router. I am planning on using it on padouk and/or purple heart. Haven’t checked Janka on either but I suspect padouk maybe softer. This 1/16" bit cuts up to 1/2". I am actually going to be using a V cut first because the wood is 5/8" and the Vee will not hurt the utility of the project and will allow (hopeully) the bit to cut deep enough to get through it because of the tapered shank (although I will probably have to lie in the tool library as to its actually cutting length).

Thank you this. I looked everywhere (or so I thought) and could only find the tool files to go into Fusion 360 or Vetric. From the table, it appears that this bit needs to ramp down into the material. If so, it looks like I might have to get PRO now. (Which is fine if that is the case.)

Thank you again for the info!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.