Need help-Carbide Motion

I haven’t used my machine in a while, but decided it’s time to get back to it. I downloaded the latest versions of Create and Motion and got my design ready. I have 4 toolpaths using 4 different bits. I have a bitsetter, but it’s disabled for now. I get everything setup and start cutting. My first toolpath is my text using V-carve. It went well. The machine paused and told me to change my tool bit, which I did. I was expecting a message to pop up telling me to re-zero my new bit. But nothing. Machine fires back up and is on it’s way to staring the next toolpath. So I had to stop it. Now I’m part way into this job and don’t know how to finish it. I did manually reset my Z zero. But now I have no way to resume the job. What do I do now? I thought the old version of Motion had a screen where I could chose which toolpaths I wanted to run. I don’t see that either. Can somebody bail me out? Thanks.

I assume you’re using Advanced V-Carve if it asked you to change tools? Or you posted multiple paths with different tools. This is only supported in CM with the Bitsetter. With the bitsetter disabled, you have to output each tool separately so you can zero the toollength before each tool.

To separate an Advanced Vee-Carve path, use GcodeSplit - Split gcode files by toolpath

Using standard V-Carve on one toolpath only. Then switching to straight 1/8th, 1/4 ball mill, and 1/4 straight.

As @Tod1d said without a BitSetter installed and activated you have to output each tool path to a separate file. For instance your file is called A_Project. You create all your tool paths and then disable all but the first one. Then save the file as A_Project_toolpath_1.c2d. Then zero your X Y and Z and load the file and with the 1st bit already loaded from the X Y and Z zero cut that file. Then go back to CC and open A_Project and disable the first tool path and enable the second tool path. Save as A_Project_toolpath_2.cd2. Then put your second tool in and X Y and Z zero. Likely you wont need to reset X and Y but you can check the position in rapid positions in jog. Cut that file and then simply repeat for tool 3 and 4.

Not sure why you are not using your BitSetter. If you have it it makes things much less complicated.

Thanks. I’m working on that now. I know the bitsetter would make it easier, if it worked. I can only remember it mostly trying auger my tool bits all the way through the work piece. So I sort of gave up on it. Will try it again once I work through this project.

We will be glad to help with that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.