Need some quick help here! Time limited!

I’m trying to create the under side of a bowl I’m making and I keep getting this weird “ramp wall thing” at the top of my work area no matter what I do. I had no problem creating the actual bowl cavity in CC, and I’ve made bowls before, but I can’t seem to remember how to find my way past this. This has not happened before/yet. I’ve attached a few screenshots; one of the bowl cavity, one of what should be the bowl exterior and one showing my job settings. I feel like I’m missing something so obvious, but I can’t put my finger on it! Please help!!

Please post the file here or send it in to support@carbide3d.com

Here is the file.

CaseysBowl_Exterior.c2d (654.1 KB)

I believe the problem is that you are extending the 3D model past the stock area.

I got more reasonable behaviour when I increased the stock area — but note that it matched the problematic aspect of the design:

I believe this would work better and be more controllable if you’d draw in geometry which represents the lip of the bowl edge, then you could force material remove with a subtract, but using geometry which extends beyond the edge works for three edges as you note:

which confirms the issue.

Drawing in additional geometry:

and increasing the size of the working area and outer geometry:

should allow one to model things as expected:

with a final cleanup:

Adjusting the shapes until one gets the desired result is done below.

1 Like

Looking at 3rd image posted, it looks as if the rim diameter is not centered on the workpiece. A screenshot under the Design tab may show this

I believe offsetting by the distance should work for this:

Attached.

CaseysBowl_Exterior.c2d (908.7 KB)

You guys are the best, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I’ve figured it out! Much love!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.