I have taken lots of dust shoes and put the ideas together into my own. Started this over a year ago and the work from home has given me time to run parts to test function and fit.
- Venting the exhaust for the router.
- Push button to remove the bit.
- Quick Tool-less removal
- Removable dust skirt with different length skirts for different applications. Magnets!
- Able to adapt to the larger hose with a simple store bought adapter.
Link toVideo installing it!
Old dust shoe for reference. One of my first projects and it has had many skirt materials tested before I came to this foam material that is hot glued on and doesn’t mess with the bit (silicone mat can cause craziness.) Venting the router exhaust has been on the one i originally made for years and seems like it is essential to keep vacuum on the part.
- Test Out different shape skirts to optimize the distance from the vacuum.
- Make the skirt in clear to see how well you might be able to see the action.