New here to the community

Did a thing this week I know I know everybody’s got one but I’m super proud/stoked, and thanks to yalls help it couldn’t have went any easier. I appreciate all that have chimed in and I CANNOT wait to get to work.

4 Likes

Soo Y axis proximity sensor doest stop machine when I initialize read everything and all checks out helllllp

can you check if you accidentally swapped X and Y ?

2 Likes

Honestly was my first thought and I’ve double and tripoli checked I even get a light when its close. Enough

ok so in the settings screen of Carbide Motion it will tell you in sort of a live view, which of the sensors is triggering…
one thing to try is to turn off the machine, move it to the place where ONLY Y is supposed to trigger,
turn on the machine and go to the settings screen…

Y should show there.

(you can do this also with X and Z to see what it looks like)

1 Like

Y does initiallize first when x should correct?

pretty sure it’s Z - Y - X

Yes z goes up and drops Y goes to the rear( doesn’t stop)

the screenshot shows “no active pins” … so nothing is registering.

Thats why I’m confused cause prox is going red every time

Z carriage v wheels too tight​:ok_hand: we good :joy::joy:

2 Likes

OK dumb question time but everywhere I read I don’t get a straight yes or no. Using lightburn am I now scrapping use of carbide motion? Set macros etc in lightburn and just run everything I do from there?

yes you can use lightburn for your laser instead of CM.

but in More CC Pro fun @Julien shows there are other things you can do with lasers that do not involve lightburn

3 Likes

Downloaded the free year :ok_hand: hadn’t realized I could control everything from CC pro. I can do 3d too?? Well that seems a no brainer​:joy: thank you

1 Like

And I’d be importing into lightburn still using it to control just designing in CC pro?

You can design and control with Lightburn.

1 Like

I just got my Shapeoko and joining the world of CNC, thanks for this!

3 Likes

5 days playing between lightburn and CCpro this is my first stab at some relief…I’ve got some work to do but its a start for sure. ! Wood was just something laying around not ideal but I’m just practicing.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.