New PC - New CM Setup

Got New laptop over the weekend to run Shapeoko Pro XL which I bought two years ago.Having trouble finding MY machine as I go through Setup.

At the Power Up Machine screen, Shapeoko Pro was one of the options. Selected that and XL.

Moving to Download Setting to your Machine. Shapeoko Pro was NOT one of the options. Now what?

See:

https://my.carbide3d.com/docs/shapeoko-setup/

Followed the first 6 pages to the letter. Fine.
Page 7:
“Download Setting to your Machine” Shapeoko Pro is not one of the choices.
Pro choices are Z-Plus and HDZ.

Punt was not an option either.

Do you have an SO5 Pro or an SO4 Pro? Not sure about the SO4 Pro but is is an SO4.

Everything I have simply says " Shapeoko Pro." The manual, the machine and even here:

It is an SO 4 Pro. So try SO4 and see what happens.

For a Shapeoko Pro, if running the current stable version of Carbide Motion:

Launch the program:

click on “Setup new machine”:

Next

select the appropriate machine type and follow the instructions to power it on. Click Next:

click on “Connect to Machine”

click Next:

select the appropriate options:

For size, choose from:

• XXL — if your machine is large and square
  • XL — if your machine is wider than it is deep
  • Standard — if your machine is normal size and square

click “Download”

wait for all configuration information to be sent:

click “Next”

Test the homing switches if desired, click “Initialize Machine”, then verify the machine motion, then set up any accessories, save the associated settings, then finish per:

https://my.carbide3d.com/docs/shapeoko-setup/

After looking at older videos, concluded that it must be Pro with the Z-Plus designation.

Selected Enable BitSetter. Clicked Move to default position. It got close. Finally realized that I must be doing something stupid (not the first time) and tip-toed through it again and got through all the steps. Just finished running for the night. Happy.

Thanks for the help and ideas.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.