New ring I worked on today

All 925 sterling silver

14 Likes

How do you weld the ends together? Silver solder? Then how do you make that weld look like the rest of it?

3 Likes

Yes it’s silver Solder and then I use a sulfur in liquid to make the knot stand out

1 Like

Sand and buff out weld then it’s all finished

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks I used the small pc board v to do the design on the knot but told the the program I was using the 122 ball nose and set my cut to .010
It makes great detail finish work

1 Like

Hi @Rasser00,

Beautiful piece. Can you elaborate on the “sulfur in liquid” part for making the knot stand out ?
Also if you have other pieces of jewelry you have done with your Nomad, I would love to see them, we don’t get to see many of those around here.

1 Like

Many jewellers use “Liver of Sulphur” to oxidise metals. I’ve got some but have yet to try it. Perhaps that’s what’s referred to?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extended-Life-Sulfur-Patina-Oxidation/dp/B0053TQM0A/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=liver+of+sulphur&qid=1588412086&s=kitchen&sr=1-2

3 Likes

It’s called liver of sulfur it comes in a can I put a small piece in hot water an then use a Q tip in the solution and apply it to what I want
All the deep features will get black

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.