New to CNC,having issues homing

I just bought a Shapeoko 4 XXL and put it together and when I try to home the CNC it goes all the way to the front and I get an error “ Machine Controller restarted and may be on an undefined state.” Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Does this happen after initializing zero at the back right corner?

Have you enabled the BitSetter w/o configuring it? (and fully installing it)

Power up, connect to the machine, go to Settings, disable the BitSetter under Options, then initialize.

Does this happen after initializing zero at the back right corner? No it goes forward

Have you enabled the BitSetter w/o configuring it? (and fully installing it) it said to disable it, so I did. I had to unscrew the BitSetter cause it got scratched up when it went to the front.

Power up, connect to the machine, go to Settings, disable the BitSetter under Options, then initialize.
I did that.

Are any homing switches stuck on?

What shows under Active Inputs on the Settings pane?

1 Like

Are any homing switches stuck on? No, I tested them and non stay on.

What shows under Active Inputs on the Settings pane? I will have to check when I get home.

If the machine is coming forward to home, but not moving the X-axis, I suspect a miswiring of the motors.

Write in to support@carbide3d.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.