New to shapeko XXL and CNC

Needing help or any info on how to add new bits on carbide create. Also any help trying to set

Summary

Preformatted text

up for grease groves on cutting boards. Thanks in advance.[quote=“stufano727, post:1, topic:31668, full:true”]
I am at the end of the rope. I can cut things fine in 2D using carbide create. I needed to do 3D so I am using Fusion360. I have worked with Carbide support and have yet to resolve this problem I select a 2D pocket in fusion select bottom height as stock top tell -1in deep. and run it and my pocket ends up at minimum 1.75 inches deep. Check the G code last z registration is .998in So g Code is correct. I watch carbide motion as it cuts and it loses track after the first pass. first pass is .08 deep and CM matches next pass CM says its at .116 but it is not its cutting deeper. ITs not mechanical I have an XXL latest controller and firmware. Machine is not a month old. If I do the same 2D pockets on Carbide create its fine. at least 30 emails back and forth and at least 10 phone calls with carbide support. I have had my files checked by Autodesk and they say they are setup correctly and it should only be going down 1 inch. The answer of well use Carbide create is not the right answer. I am seriously thinking I chose the wrong machine. IF I cant do 3D this machine is useless. Anyone got any ideas I will provide the files if you want them
[/quote]

emphasized text. I am seriously thinking I chose the wrong machine. IF I cant do 3D this machine is useless. Anyone got any ideas I will provide the files if you want them
[/quote]

The machine will cut the files which you prepare for it — doesn’t matter which machine it is if you don’t make the files correctly so as to cut what you wish.

If you have a file which previews as desired, but doesn’t cut that way, let us know and we’ll work out any mechanical issues you might have w/ the machine.

If you can’t make a file which will preview so as to cut as you wish we’ll do our best to assist — but you’ll need to post the file — note that Carbide 3D can only assist w/ our software, so let’s start w/ a basic file in Carbide Create.

2 Likes

I’ve used Fusion 360 to “Design” stuff but have little experience with the “Manufacture” part of it (edit: as I’m just getting started with this hobby myself). That said from what I saw I seem to recall that the origin coordinates in the “Design” area is not necessarily the same as the starting point in the “Manufacture” part of the Fusion 360 software. In the “Manufacture” area I think you may need to look at the “Work Coordinate System (WCS)” and make sure this is setup correctly (ie. the starting point you zero the machine). Not sure this is the problem your having but maybe worth looking into.

1 Like

I use Fusion with my machine, and a variety of machines I’ve never seen in person. If you post a link to your fusion file, I will take a look at it.

1 Like

I only use Fusion 360 with my machine and have no issues. Post your file and I am sure we can figure it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.