New to the CNC issue with bitsetter probing cycle on a Pro XXL

I just finished setting up my new XXL. Went through setting centering over the bit setter. initialized machine cycle through the process changed bit moved over the bitsetter came down about 1/4" got error message probing cycle failed… rechecked everything I must be missing something… Spent a bout 3 hours with no luck???
Dave

Did you configure for the correct Z-axis?

If that doesn’t help, let us know at support@carbide3d.com

(and mention you’ve seen that link so we don’t send it again)

Many times when someone gets a probe error it is not the BitSetter but the BitZero magnet is grounding. So check that your BitSetter magnet is not contacting something on the machine or the BitZero. The two devices are tied to each other internally.

Also as @WillAdams Will suggested check your config. The Z axis has two choices for the Pro XXL. The HDZ is refereed to as ball screw and the Z-Plus is refereed to as the lead screw. If you initialized ok then it may not be the Z axis because the HDZ and Z-Plus travel in opposite directions. Just make sure you are using the latest Carbide Motion and pick the Pro XXL as your machine. Be sure to send the configuration after you choose the options. It is easy to not send. The Pro XXL has a Z-Plus as standard buy you could upgrade to the HDZ.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.