New to this community

I do not know how to use/reply/participate in the community. I have many questions, where do I go to ask?
Bob Sullivan
Freeport, FL

2 Likes

Right here!

If you see a thread (which is open — they time out and close after a while) which you want to respond to, just hit the “Reply” button. It looks like:

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 9.14.06 AM

and is at the lower right corner of the thread.

The forum we are using is Discourse, which is a popular opensource system.

Here’s a link to a new user guide with some terminology on the user forum for the Discourse system:

I hope this helps!

Please go ahead and post your questions here, or in the appropriate area — don’t worry if you don’t put it in the right place at first — a moderator will be able to move it and explain why it was a better fit in the new location.

Alternately, feel free to write in to support@carbide3d.com

Once concern is we are careful of private information such as personal e-mails — I’ll be editing your post to remove your private e-mail.

1 Like

You’re here, you made, enjoy!

Welcome,
Stay safe

1. I am using create version 6. How do I draw a curved line?
  2. What file extensions can I open in Create?
  3. What is a good source for artwork (clip art) that is compatible with Create?

Thanks for the reply. I was confused because I could not see the words (prompts), in the blue bars, on your webpage. They appeared solid blue.

Bob Sullivan
Freeport, FL

1. Use the Curve tool

2. Carbide Create will open/import .dxf and .svg files, and will open .c2d files. Pixel images may be imported for either placement on a background layer for reference/re-drawing, or for Image Tracing:

If you have a Pro license you can import STL files or pixel images as depth maps.

1. See:

I have tried to use the curve tool. All I get are straight lines.
I have looked at the library provided by Create. I would like to find another source. If anyone knows of one please direct me.

Bob Sullivan

You have to click-drag-release to get curves — just clicking mimics the Polyline tool.

See:

If you click on:

Where to source “free” files SVG/DXF - Software / Carbide Create - Carbide 3D Community Site

and scroll down there are at least 10 additional links which you could look into.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.