New XXL - can't reach center of bitzero V2 button - normal?

Using Carbide router, #201 cutter.
I can just reach the bitzero v2 enough to depress the button, but it is only on the top 1/8" of button. I can’t jog the gantry any closer. There seems to be enough clearance to pull it off, but the control board won’t allow any movement past -850.

I’d live with it, but I worry that a narrower cutter won’t be able to depress the bitzero at all.

Usually, this is caused by insufficient belt tension on the Y-axis belts (and if that’s the case, the X-axis usually isn’t taut enough as well).

See the instructions and:

If your belts are adequately taut, you can slightly increase the Y-axis travel dimension if need be.

1 Like

I had a similar issue when I first up my XXL a few weeks ago. On mine, the limit switch was the issue. I readjusted it and was able to almost reach the center of the bit setter switch. My belts were tight as per the instructions.

3 Likes

Hi,
From your setup menu go to the “Configure BitSetter Position in
Carbide Motion” and adjust the Y value manually to the center of the setter. It could be like adding 3-5 mm to your current set value.
That should answer your requirement.

2 Likes

Seems to have been a mix of solutions, but the belt tension was definitely on the looser side. Tightened up, reinitialized, and reset the zero point. Also may have had the wrong dimensions defined in Carbide Motion.
Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.